Saturday, March 31, 2007

Introducing Kisha Green

Kisha, you have several books, what started you off in the literary arena?

Well, it started off when I was about 11 years old and I always had a vivid imagination. I just wanted to tell a story but more so wanting the world to read my stories.

What book is your favorite book that you’ve written?

Dear Mommy- it is so personal to me since I am allowing readers into what I went through since losing my mom to a brain tumor.

Tell me more about your book company, DivaBooksInc, what do you really want to accomplish and what’s difference in your approach as a publisher? I am so passionate about writing so DivaBooksInc. (DBI) was created so that I could have total control over my literary fate but also allowing new authors on the literary block a chance to shine. I believe everyone has a story to tell. My approach with the authors I work with is that unlike the larger publishing houses I am willing to take that chance on the underdog.

How long does it take you to complete a work in progress and is there something specific you have to have while writing that inspires you or helps you during the process?

I do not have a set time frame, it is whenever the story comes to my mind and I gotta get it out of my head and on paper. My inspiration comes from life situations and sometimes I can even hear a song that will make me think of a storyline, and I will just go from there.

Give me 3 words that describe you as a reader?

avid, devoted and open minded. I love books and will almost anything and love to curl up on my couch or bed with a good book and be swept away by the author's words. I always tell myself if I can get that mini movie in my mind while reading, then the book is good!

Give me 2 literary giants that inspire you as writers?

Stephen King, James Patterson- there are so many more but those two take readers into the mind state of their characters and make you feel as if you truly know these people and are able to identify with them.

What’s the best thing about being a publisher?

I have creative freedom! I can take a risk with a new author and it is nothing more rewarding than seeing your work in print and it being well received.

What’s the hardest lesson you’ve learned being in the writing industry?

That everyone doesn’t always have your best interest at heart. It is sad but it is true especially in this industry.

Do you have any projects you’d like to share with our readers?

Yes, I have an erotica anthology being released next week titled Mental Seduction-Erotic Escapades and this is a compilation of sizzling short stories by some new authors who are definitely bringing fire to this anthology.

I also have an urban anthology being released next month titled On Da Corner and this collection is introducing some great writing talent and bringing a refreshing style to the street literary scene.

I am just so excited about these books since all of these authors definitley have talent and it is indeed a blessing that they will have the opportunity to let the world see what I already know!

For more information about any other upcoming DBI literary works please visit my website www.divabooksinconline.com

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule. We wish you continued success.

Thank you Pam for this opportunity!

EXCERPT FROM KISHA'S WORK!

Give Thanks!
By Kisha Green

As a new year begins there isn’t a better time to reflect on where you have been but more importantly where you are going. Life is about choices and often times enough we tend to forget just that. As we get caught up in the things that we want to see happen, we forget that it actually requires an action better yet a plan to make that vision an definite reality.

We also forget the main person that makes any of these things possible for us. That is why it is important to give thanks and not just when good things happen to us but all of the time. Our heavenly father doesn’t just come around for the good with us; he is there through the good and the bad and thick and thin. Do we not owe him the same courtesy?

Some think to themselves “God knows my heart” and part of that is true but just think how you would feel as day in and day out as you care for your children night and day and no one would ever say thank you or any token of appreciation but instead “Oh mom knows my heart”. How would that make you feel? My point exactly…just give some thanks.

Today’s society is often over consumed with themselves to stop and take a minute and show some form of gratitude. Thanksgiving is not just a holiday in November or a reason to over indulge on high calorie foods. Thanksgiving is to give thanks but what better deserving person than the person who gave you life and allows you to wake up each morning. Fair enough right?

So let’s not sweat the small stuff but more importantly give thanks for the real things that matter instead of taking it for granted!

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31:30-31

***

How To Find A Good Man!

By: Kisha Green

I knew I could grab your attention with a title like that…lol…Single ladies saw that heading like it was a flashing neon sign and immediately wanted to know how and where they could go and get one like a good man was a gallon of milk at your local convenience store just waiting to be brought. Only if it was that simple huh?

I have asked different woman on where were the good men? They all quickly replied that they were either liars, playas, broke, had bad credit, lived at home with their mama, in jail, homeless, secret drug habits, HIV+, on the “down low” or just had “babymamadrama”…lol… So seeing that what men are about these days I thanked the Lord I was married and not single because I too would be scared to date.

I thought to myself this couldn’t be true. Could it? I have been with my husband for nine years and I know my “boo boo” wasn’t like that. So I decided to conduct my own little investigation.

I spoke with a lot of different woman in various age categories who have been unsuccessful in finding a good man. Why? Was the question that plagued me?

I observed that woman made these mistakes when it came to dating;

  • Ladies that think they can find Mr. Right in a bar/nightclub.
  • Ladies who dress provocatively thinking this will get a man’s attention (It does just not the attention you are seeking).
  • Ladies believing that it is all right to go home with a man you just met and sleep with him.
  • Ladies that play too many games and or carry around baggage from past failed relationships.

Those were the most frequent errors that I had observed but it doesn’t just stop with that either. Something else just as troublesome was ladies wanting this all together perfect man, when they aren’t that put together themselves. I suggest putting the shoe on the other foot. Are you in the same situation that you are seeking from a mate? In some cases the ladies aren’t. What I am essentially saying is try to bring something to the table of mutual interest besides what is between your thighs!

Speaking of sex the numero uno mistake that I see is that a lot of ladies are willing to settle for being the sloppy seconds of becoming a booty call AKA “the jump-off”.

Believing that if you make yourself available to this man he will eventually realize that you are the “one”…NOT!!

The only thing he will realize is that you are the one to call for sex and if you keep trying to act as if you have anything more than a prearranged sexual relationship he will cut that off as well!

So what I am principally trying to convey is that before you step out into the dating scene of seeking a suitable mate. Check yourself first, in order to find a man and love him unconditionally, first love yourself unconditionally and with a formula like that you can’t lose. Now when you do step out you are putting your best foot forward!

OK…Stepping off my soapbox…until next time that is…

Peace & Blessings

Kisha



Kisha Green

Author...Publisher...Reviewer

www.divabooksinconline.com
Author of Novels -And Even If I Did,

Dear Mommy and If It Aint One Thing...it's Another

No comments: