Thursday, January 28, 2010

As We Come To a Close





Lord, I cannot remember a month going by so fast. We opened the year fresh and anew. I have been literally humping since Jan 1st. On my plate this month as been volunteering with a senior center in the Bronx on Jan 15th and also helping to pack boxes for troops earlier in the month. Trips all over the 5 boroughs has resulted me in connecting services for youth and families between the South Bronx and Queens, Harlem, Manhattan, and Staten Island. It's be crazy but good.

On the book tip, I have been heavily reading a few books. I'm currently in the middle of Sinsatiable by Sheila E. Lipsey, and A Man's Worth by Nikita Lynette Nichols. I also have Tracey Bateman's Thirsty to finish before my next book club meeting.

I have a bunch of authors to interview for the show so keep yourself posted by checking out my show line up at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/literarypizzazz

I have been in the kitchen a lot lately shaving calories but cooking up a storm. Since last year, shaved off about 30 + pounds, and hoping to do more but in a very healthy way. I"m cool with losing 1 or 2 pds a week and nothing more. No crazy diets, just me eating god's green earth: 5 fruits and veggies a day! Lots of water, and if I want to eat some discretionary calories, don't go over board.

I'm getting comfortable in my place living here in New York, thus, I am now considering doing some writing and teaching gigs (volunteering my time yet again) with youth writers and in the community.

On the entertainment tip, I got a chance to see Book of Eli and was blown away. Still haven't seen Avatar yet... it's on my list.

Vocally, I want to get in the studio but waiting on god to present some opportunities for that. Until then I'm reading, writing, and working hard for the foster youth.

Hope this friday brings a peace your heart and soul can appreciate.

Talk with you on the 'next' go around.

With light and love always abounding,
Mocha S.

No comments: