Sunday, February 07, 2021

 

I started this year off thinking about time and purpose. Mainly dealing with this pandemic and the urgency of knowing that time is not guaranteed. As a woman who walks in her purpose, I know I need to stay focused on my life, my goals and ambitions. I know my energy is not for everyone and I am okay with that. At the end of last year after having lost many of my good friends and colleagues to Covid-19, I felt very certain that if God gave me breath to breathe one more moment that I needed to refocus on my purpose and creativity. With that said, I started this year refocused on podcasting, writing projects, and continuing my health journey. Last year, I lost 40 lbs which I have held on to. For these things I am extremely grateful. I understand that my life shift or focus is not for everyone and that's okay. One thing that I do know for certain is that chasing people or things are not good for my energy at all. I am very happy to continue my life purpose through collaborations, partnerships, and intentional actions. When you are pouring positivity into the world you can see a lot more and things will naturally come your way. As many of you know I have two podcasts, Mocha's Jamz, a poetry podcast and Speak Truth 2 Life. I am also doing more creative projects this year due to taking a small break from my post graduate program. This year I had no goals outside of just finding my way back to my artistic soul. I am extremely  happy that things are slowly coming back in my realm of creativity. This week someone asked when I was releasing my next collection of poetry and I realized it had been 11 years. The past couple of years I have been writing academic papers, graduate work, and focused on my career. The past decade in the East Coast has been great for my career but took away from my writing. Therefore, this is the main reason I am focused on staying as close to my creative soul and pursuits. Thank you for your continued support as I realign these very important parts of my life. I will talk with you all soon. Check back for some new work to be posted from my new collection which will be released in the Summer of 2021. 

Stay healthy and be true to your own self 

Mocha Sistah 

No comments: