Wednesday, February 15, 2006

At Daylight

I'm need deep in so many projects it ain't funny. Funny how time goes by when you are on the grind. I remember my first business, a few years ago I got the bright idea to create customized poetry and greeting cards, alas, it never worked. I didn't have the drive to push it through, or the business sense to keep up a clientele any way. At the time i was just a "poet". After years of working for others, I have learned to use my hard and soft skills as a counselor, writer, teacher, secretary, and other things to push my new business, PR Services For You, to the next level. I am most proud of all the wonderful folks taking a chance on me. I'm like so new at this thing but I'm blessed by the one above and I continue to work really really hard that maybe I'll be able to break my stride and see the sunlight. I'm currently writing bios for artists and that has been the most fun. I'm moving into editor and typesetting mode, learning how to format books has been the hardest thing I have ever done but once I perfect it, I will be someone to use as a resource of publishing novels and other short form books.

I'm going to exhibit this weekend in Dayton, OH and that will be the most cool thing I have done in a while. I am digging through poems, judging poems for a poetry contest, about to release another poetry book and hopefully will have an editor to firm up "When Rainbows Aint' Enough".

Last night's event at the Touch of the Past was the best Valentine's I have had. There were over 15 TOP LINE FEMALE ARTISTS in Chicago! Brenda Matthews, Reality, myself, Lady Z, WGCI's "Sundance", and other artists I can't name, were bringing the poetic funk in all kinds of ways. Brothers were out in full force including 3 Brothers and a Mic (Mo & Odyssey represented well), along with Carl Lewis who blessed us with some musicality of his saxophone.

Coming up next for me (whenever daylight comes I'll let u know) is a spoken word workshop in the Palatine, IL area (March 4, 2006), Tears of a Woman Booksigning at Scentuary mid-March and a possible trip to Atlanta to perform.

Shot outs to LEAZON and NEF Entertainment, which supplies the artists PR Services For You have been assisting, and the many mocha friends and fans who keep sending referrals. For those who don't know what I do, I'm doing bios, artistic statements, press kits creation and distribution, ghostwriting, and line editing of manuscripts. If you wnat to know more, just email me at prservicesforyou@sbcglobal.net.

Blessings to you. Hope you enjoyed your Valentine's day whether you had a Valentine or not. But I'm willing to bet you love you and there's at least one person who does feel the same. Believe that.

~ With Love and Light,
Mocha Sistah

1 comment:

Diamond said...

Mocha,
Wow! You got a lot of good things going on...I know you are looking forward to that weekend trip to Dayton I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences. And as far as Valentine's Day, I had a I'm in love with me day! I could have gotten something if I wanted something but I play hard to get sometimes!
Diamond