Saturday, February 25, 2006

La Diva Style (mocha'd)

Someone called me a diva the other day (me looking innocently). I quipped back, "yeah, right!" This person said that I"m "spoiled". Yes, I am. By me. I don't allow others to really do much for me (self-sufficient part of me I am working on). I'm a queen, so if that makes me a diva, then so be it. I think in my mid-thirties I am more vocal than I have ever been in my life. In my twenties I went through that phase of trying to please everyone but now I'm older, I am kind of very set in my ways, and I have a lot of confidence. I can't help that. But this person had me laughing and chuckling at his observing the fact that I am very in your face once you get to know me. I'm kind of proud of me being BOLD enough to really tell people what I really think. I think the fact that I won't allow anyone to run over me like I'm nothing is shocking some folks. Recently, I had to put my foot down and vocalize about having my personal information sent to the wrong place (by a former employer who doesn't care that my social security number is floating out in the world). Then I had to threaten them with calling the IRS because I felt injustified plus the fact that I had to call them folks made me very upset. On top of that when I called the organization in question, they disrespected me. Queen under grace. I prayed my way through that. Fought back with documentation and paperwork. Got my new information in the mail one week to the day. Another situation cropped up with a place that hired me and it's one month to the day that I began my work. I had to email the coordinator to be assertive enough to hopefully get compensation for services rendered. I"m a nice person, but let's not get it twisted because I can get real gritty with whomever it is in question. I have two sides of me, and believe you me, it's not always the inspiring spiritual child of the world. Come under my skin and you might have to get bitten. I mean, I'm just like most folks. I like to be treated well and with respect. I don't like to be diva, but if I have to straighten my crown on, then I will. If you want to try me, go ahead and ask the two organizations who felt the wrath of me (professionally). In other words, time is money and I don't like either to be wasted. My time and my energy is very much like worth the world to me.

La Diva
signing out
Saturday, February 25th
2:17 PM

2 comments:

Diamond said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, divs diva and once again diva! let queen diamond never get under queen mocha's skin and i won't for i don't want to get bitten. shoot! that organization needs to get it together, now it is really time for me to get my a** up to chicago cause they messing with my diva, queen, homegirl(in a good sense( not like my neighbor), special one with grace, dignity, has her crown on straight,oh ya'll don't get me started up in here this moaning, i am already behind schedule but my dear queen mocha gots to know that she got a diva over here that's about to get the names and addresses of them organizations and about to blow em away!!! but i know that the diva in progress has already done her justice!!! alrighty now...ladivastyle.com..shoot i got me a new email address...i aint playing and i hope i see my girl with a poem on wednesday about the la diva style (mocha'd) and dedicate it to queen diamond!pleasze??? lol

mochasistah said...

it's a mess and half. bottom line self employed people have to be their own advocates and when dealing with small organizations, come to the table fully prepared with agreements, contracts, and don't expect everyone to be as professional as you are. Be your ADVOCATE. Pray, be Prepared, and POLISHED. Even when you feel folks are wrong. Thanks for the support lady. Hope I don't have to get gritty, but I will be real. I have to be.