Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Meatless Meals, Week 2 Taking Charge!

 Meatless Meals, Week 2 


Hello my good people. How are you doing this week and are you hanging in there. Last year at this time, I was doing a meatless challenge but really had a hard time. A few months after that, I went back to meat based meals. However, I learned that it is best for me to plan my meals and keep things fresh, and interesting. Week 2 brings back my favorities: pancakes, vegan salads and vegan sausages. While I love plant based (store bought) brands like Beyond Meat, Gardein and even the Aldi vegan patties, I know that if I do that occassionally and make my own vegan or vegetarian patties that is healthier. I am focused on preparing meals as I go mid week and trying to work on batch meals on the weekend. This week so far, I am listening to my body more. When I eat more foods with protein I am not as hungry. It is also important to drink water and keep liquids in your body. Another great thing is to teach your body food schedules. For me that means no eating after 8pm. Light desserts such as puddings, apple sauce, vegan mug cakes and or fresh fruit is best. I also take Goli Apple Cider Tablets. They seem to keep me fuller longer. Although you can take up to 5 gummies a day, I generally only do 2 a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. 

Smart snacking: I do popcorn, rice cakes, or dried nuts in the middle of the day. Detox Teas with lemon or lime slices. 

I hope these tips help you as you go along your journey. Stay healthy!

(c) 2021 by Mocha Sistah 

All Rights Reserved 

No comments: