Monday, March 08, 2021

Meatless Challenge, Week 1

 Week 1 Reflections 


Here we are! Week 1 is in the books. I really wasn't sure how I was going to do but preparations are half of the battle. So my friends, I tell you need to go ahead and prep what you need or want to eat on the weekends. For me, I prepared brown rice and lentils. I used lentils in a grain bowl with veggies and I also used it to make lentil burgers from scratch. I used the brown rice with cabbage and veggies and also used it in a fried vegetable rice recipe. My snacks were dried nuts, some vegan chocolate, microwave popcorn (natural version which is lite version). Fresh fruit when I was hungry and lots of water. My numbers for fiber, protein and carbs were ok. I met the requirements for fiber, protein and fat each day. My protein numbers were high considering I was not eating any animal meat or products. I also took note that it's better to have your own veggie burgers than using vegan products from the store but in a pinch I ate some Morningstar and Gardein products. However, I did not use these all the time. 

Best meals: Lentil Burgers with homemade friends. Veggie Fried Rice and Grain Bowls, Protein Waffles with fresh fruit. 

What I can improve on: eating portion controlled snacks. 

Weight lost for the week: 2 lbs 

My goal: To increase more whole foods in my diet. 

This week so far, I am noticing that I am not hungry from snacks in the morning or afternoon. Long as I keep protein foods in each meal. Balancing my carbs is a fight. I try to not go over moderate level of carbs. I am going back to using Jackfruit, Banana Blossoms, Chickpeas and using Chickpea flour with veggies for eggless scrambles. I will keep you updated on my progress. 

We can do it! If you are doing meatless this month, what is your favorite meatless meal? 

Until next week, 

Mocha Sistah 

(c) 2021 by Mocha Sistah

All Rights Reserved 

No comments: