Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Whatever

So I start my weekend sick as a dog, umm hmmmm....lots of teas, lemons, oranges and cough drops. For some reason I got well, a little landlord issue on top of that, plus my body was soo tired that I had to sit my butt in bed for two days. My "landlord" issue was out of their control, but has impacted me...it rained and there was an internal issue which impacted a few of us, unfortunately my place is right in the sight of the actual problem and with many upcoming raining days I don't see how it's gonna change. Basically the landlord must do something before long or we all be "swimming" up a river. LOL. Literally. It's not funny, but I take this all in stride. Five days later I still have a cold, a nice hole in the hallway of my front, and trying to comb through tons of student work. I taught poetry today and felt like a slave to my work, or the inspiration wasn't there, or maybe it was the cold and me still being tired. Maybe I should stop trying to be super poetry lady because I normally teach 3 different lessons, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Today was okay. I know my first two classes were not totally there. We did alliteration, metaphoric poems and then the last class (fourth graders) did sports - but they couldn't name the sport. It was the best of the best, yet, at 11:30 am when I wrapped up my session, couldn't wait to get home so I could lay my head down. Of course, I haven't laid down since I got here. Because I'm on the computer, updating this blog! But I can breath today! And even though it hasn't been the best few days, I am doing better. It's a short week of poetry teaching due to the ISAT and I have a chance to breath, meet some clients, and work on my Booksigning stuff. I have books to go get before Saturday. Oh, my day is never done. But next week is a like a vacation, no teaching at all so hey, let's take it one day at a time. A day above ground is good any way you look at it.

I still have a few things I'm not happy about (personal issues that will iron themselves out). I know God will guide me. I just have to trust him and let him direct my path. But there's a part of me, ready still to attack like a lion. Don't you ever get tired of being nice? I mean, I think sometimes its easy for people to take other people for granted. A little appreciation goes a long way. Monday, for example, I ended up working with youth poets at a park I taught at over 2 years ago and they remembered me. They had a 15 minute writing session, and although their day was filled with many things, they came back to polish their poems, and record. I really love working with kids who get it. It's just a beautiful thing. Remember I haven't seen them since 2004 (early 2004) but they remembered me, even the park manager who said "when you coming" back to the park? That's a cool way to be appreciated it.

Don't get me wrong, but sometimes a "thank" you to someone in your life can be the push they need. You never know what someone's going through. Or just having those 2 words wash over them can be the light they need for the day. You never know! I try to even thank bus drivers, mail and other service folks. I even try to be gracious for my readers in class, my teachers, and those who have to deal with me, because everyone loves "thank you"...it's just my seed for the day. Plant and do what you will with it.

I'll talk with you soon and Blessings for a beautiful week, whatever...you do. Be real and enjoy it.

~ Mocha Sistah ~

2 comments:

Diamond said...

A thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, thank you , thank you, thank you and i say thank you........thank you....

mochasistah said...

Hhahahahahah. I got ya. Didn't i? Keep the inspiration, fantasical, beautiful spirit lady. It does connect with us who are positive. Be blessed and continue to bless.