Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Ramblings

Fire My Words
Fire My Words

What's up family? What's going on a freaking friday? A terror plot foiled in Florida was what I heard this morning. I really don't have much to talk about today...I am working on a few books that are in print mode. One important one (hush...huge project that is hoooott to death) that will drop in a few literary beats. I'm going to relax this weekend, with family and finish up some projects. It's the last week that I have to myself before I have to be working in the community again. I'll be going to Saint Louis for a few days over the holiday break, then hit Indy for the Indianapolis Black Expo at RCA Dome...

I had a wonderful but short interview on Power Talk radio on Wednesday and setting up author interviews and booksignings, trying to get a distributor for my book company, and a lot of press kits going to stores, and stuff. Soon to be on the net...Liquid Kisses will be featured on www.oncewritten.com and 2 of my books will be raffled off in a July Book Contest. Don't forget to email me for book requests before I roll this fully out...autographed copies can be mailed to you. Just email me at mochachyna35@yahoo.com with subject line: Liquid Kisses Book and I'll take care of that for you.

I'm currently on a few more sites:
www.mochachyna.multiply.com
www.poetrypoem.com/mochasistah


I'm placed in Check Da Rhyme Anthology as published by Lit Noire Publishing out of New York City. It features female poets and emcees. I have a hip hop social commentary piece in there that got featured. That's cool. I'm also in Literary Divas one of 100 women writers featured in a book published by Amber Books.

Well, it's a nice and cool day in Chicago. It's been pretty peaceful this week and a lot going on that I'm not talking about on this space. But it's all good. I bid you adieu. Be careful with driving and dealing with any of your life issues. Be grateful for all you have in your life.

With love and life...
Be blessed,
Mocha Sistah

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Good day,

I hope that your weekend is light and special. I wish you peaceful trips to the places-Indiana and St. Louis. Also I will look for your advertisment by Monica in Once written. I hope Liquid Kisses is successful. I hope that the beginning of your week is marvelous. And that you find the work that you are looking for.

Diamond

mochasistah said...

Thanks Diamond. The weekend was very light and was cool. I am happy to report that my Ad in oncewritten.com will be up shortly, and I also purchased some ad for www.aalbc.com so I'm hoping that will drive more traffic to my site and also get some books bought via Pay Pal or Lulu Press. To me, it'll be successful if the copies I have now are sold withing 1 month. As far as work, I'm going to relax this week and start back with my youth group on July 5th. May you have travelling grace as you hit the HOTlanta...be safe.