Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fourth of July Celebrations



Well...it's that time of the year again. Barbecues and celebrations. I spent part of my weekend in Saint Louis, Missouri with the family, enjoying the best in finest of southern cuisines. It was blazing between 90 degrees and 100! The kids were great. Family was in the house! Best dishes to die for: Roast Beef and Veggies, Fried Corn, Peach Cobbler, Seven Layer Salad. I also fell in love with Soy Milk - Vanilla...It was delicious and I don't even like Soy Milk. Go figure~

I got a lot of rest and relaxation, no internet for four days which might be a Mocha Sistah record.

I was talking with a family member who decided to keep family tradition by entering active duty. He's only 17, and I'll definitely be praying for his tradition from high school to active duty. He's in his last year of schooling in Kansas.

Mocha's July 4th Dinner:
Buffalo Wings
Potato Salad
Baked Beans
Spaghetti
Fried Corn
Fresh Pineapple


I decided to cook today and chill for the rest of this week.

July 4th FASHION DONT'S:
I saw some scary outfits yesterday as I rolled back into town - Fourth of July folks does not mean, SCARY FASHIONS. I love my sisters truly I do. But .....let's keep it simple. If you don't have the toned up thighs and stomachs, certain outfits should only be worn at home. For real... Got a stomach, hide it. Got flab, hide it. Doesn't matter what size you are, you can still be sexy without being TRASHY.

Keep it simple...
Keep it classy...

That's what Grandma told me.

Well, enough of me and my little update. I'll be eating in a minute or so.

Safety issues:
Drive...no drinking.
Fireworks...please be careful, read the instructions
and move those babies away from the sparklies.

Fourth of July Shoutouts: to those in Iraq and actively serving. Thanks for taking the bullets and serving and PROTECTING us all. Without you, we would be exposed, open and at risk. You may not hear it all the time, but we appreciate you. And prayer for those who've lost families in all American wars, the world wars, and current wars. God Bless you always.

Much love and spirit.

-- Mocha Sistah

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Mocha,

Glad you had a nice time in St. Louis with your family. I hope you have a great dinner today and enjoy the rest of your week. I will be writing and doing poetry. I am still going back to last year like JdecI will be updating my other sites as well like Multiply and poetrypoem. I have already updated my two main blogs and today I will be updating a few more later today. peace and blessings, diamond

mochasistah said...

Hey Diamond:

Keep a writing. Yeah, that sounds great. I've been trying to catch up on the journalling. Hope you have a productive week yourself and stay grounded my friend. Send me your links when all your blogs are updated. God Bless~