Monday, December 05, 2005

Best of 2005 - Musing TRIPS

1) Los Angeles, CA - June 2005
2) Bahamas Cruise with Strebor Books - April 2005
3) St. Louis, MO - August 2005
4) Madison, WI - March 2005

When I was able to go to the Los Angeles Black Book Expo in June, I stayed with Zakiya, we had a ball in the hotel, the trip was not "economically" the best one, but I got a lot of rest and had a lot of fun. Maybe it was the lemon Margaritas in the hotel or the sighting of actress Lisa Raye, or maybe it was the jacuzzi in the hot blazing sun in June. Whatever it was, I want more of it. Backtrack to April's Bahamas trip with the Strebor Book Cruise (author Zane and her crew). I enjoyed the Bahamas, had an excellent roommate, author Felicia Madlock, and of course, sold out of my books on that cruise. We partied hard, and had lots of fun. It rained the first day there, but I got a lot of nice things on this trip, and came on home very happy. I was invited to the Spoken Word Expo by my good friend, Mr. Talley (www.mrtalley.com) and had a good time there. Saw some family, hung out for a few days, and I sold some CDs on that trip. I recited at Legacy, and another event hosted by Chill Da Playa, and that was a good trip too. (all my trips are good trips - smile). The beginning of 2005 I had a great opportunity to perform on the Higher Ground with Jonathan Overby and it was on the University of Wisconsin's campus in Madison, WI. I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was my family's first road trip with me. I was treated like royalty. Had an interview on the "couch" and performed along the side of other traditonal bands, guitarists, a theater troupe. I had too much fun. The way this show is set up, you are interviewed on the couch first, then you are performing in between other acts. I might be going back up there in 2006. It was sooo much fun and the crew that produces the show are excellent.

Now as far as 2006 goes, I will be blazing new trails but limited trips to incorporate the other important things in my life. A trip to Dayton, OH for the Lit fest in February is calling me. I do have other trips planned and once they get solidified I will post here. Until we meet, hope you have a great day!

- Mocha Sistah

No comments: