Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Music and Everything else!

"Get yo self in the grind sistah"

Hey what's up. I'm in the midst of doing several roles in my life. Newest role is being a pr girl, sort of. I'm hitting the scene by advocating for artists, sending out press kits, and booking my client for appearances. Really learning things from the ground up. So far, it's been crazy. I am getting emails from Australia, New York and other cities, networking with producers for my artist is getting me in teh groove of a whole new world. It's kind of fun and breaks the schedule up. Before all this happened, I used to be sitting at home, chilling in my pajamas, watching televison while trying to decide what I needed to do, drink some tea, or try to write a poem or two. Now it's been hard as hell to write anything but i'm not complaining. I am really doing well. It's kind of fun because whatever I do, I will be thinking about using to help other artists and myself. Though I don't fancy myself in the industry, because I'm not a "out there type of girl" as far as performing ---- I know you are probably thinking "what mocha?" But really, I doin't want to be on the stage in that way, I like reciting poetry and such, but don't want to be on the stage as an artist. I rather love the back ground stuff much better. Just this week I found a great site (I'll share at some point) that had a lot of great information for new artists. I am learning so much I think my brain is gonna bleed over kill of info! Today's poetry day on PWN. I hope to bring at least a few pieces. I didn't write much last week. Okay. Well, love ya'll but I gotta go and get ready for my day. Stay blessed!

No comments: