Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hair Chronicles Part IV

Hey allll....I'm just checking in. It's been a while since I posted about this subject. I love my hair. I had changed lock-tians.. because I had missed one appointment with the last stylist. I got a new stylist this week. I been maintaining my hair on my own. Basically using water, and my hair oils. Using my silk hair wrap. It's growing longer, and with my new stylist it will be much better. It doesn't matter that I used to have a ponytail....but i like the way my hair is growing. And it's been pretty much a work in progress, just like me. I will be posting some pictures soon.

Well, the real part of me doesn't want to tell the truth...but I'm gonna. When I went in to the first sistah, she didn't do much with my hair. I didn't know too much...until I got the 2nd sister who stated, my hair was not started right and that my parts were "messed up" and that my hair wasn't parted right. When I found out that I was a little disappointed the first young lady did not tell me - the truth and was just taking my money. I felt kind of stupid, but I guess it's a learning experience. The 2nd person to work my hair did the following:

Took each lock and retwisted it from the scalp, palming it.
Used some cream (lock cream) on each strand of my hair
Used pens at the end to secure it so each strand would be worked on individually.

Results - my hair looks like some of the folks I see passing. I thought because my hair is curly that it was taking longer with my previous stylist, but she did not do much but twirl my hair, not palm it as much as my new stylist. My new stylist did not use the hair dryer...either.

I like the way my hair looks. I'm not mad at the first person. I guess what I'm tryna say is that do your research when you go through this process. Talk with friends that might have dreadlocks and ask them what is involved. Know that it takes time for your hair to form and that the locks you see on tv on some stars are the "fake ones" that do not take that much time to grow over time like your own hair. Know that every one's hair is different. IN my hair I have hair in the back that is locking quicker. The hair in the front is more curly and has different textures.

Maintaining it is easy...so take that water, use it on your hair. Massage your scalp. Use your lock gel. Use your hair incense. Take care of your hair basically. I've taken more care of my hair now than ever.

I'm pretty satisfied. I got a stylist from a referral from a friend. I saw the client she works on and his hair is beautiful. So that was a good sign, plus she does house calls and came right to my home and she was very cool, kindhearted, and besides that she ran late, we had good results. I will be staying with her...because she's good. And cheap.

I spend under $100 every other month to maintain my hair. It aint' bad.

Anyway, take it light and we'll be in touch. Again, pictures will be on the way.

-- Mocha Sistah

2 comments:

aquababie said...

i cam't wait to see the pictures. sounds like your on your way.

mochasistah said...

THanks Aqua...It's a journey that's for sure. As long as I"m happy, they're happy. Energy flows into em and they been tryna stick too each other, so I try to do the best I can to maintain 'em or get to my stylist. LOL. Stay poetic and powerful as you be.