Sunday, March 26, 2006

Hair Chronicle, Part II


Not sure if this post, two or three. My hair is doin its own thing. I have great locking in the crown section of my hair, and the left side is still too dayum curly, but I've been told I must "leave" it alone and let it do its thing. I'm going back to my stylist, Shavon, on Wednesday and we'll discuss somethings like shampooing and other techniques. See the latest photos above. That by the way is my "editor" look. By the way, my hair on one side is very curly at the ends, that's frustrating for me. But one I am happy with the back so to speak. What am I using on my hair now? Amen hair oil from Carol's Daughter (www.carolsdaughter.com) and some lock gel, water, and some locking incense hair spray. I pretty much try to leave it alone, but moisturize it every other day. It looks and feels soft. I'm pretty content with it. Though one of the guys that says he likes me has a problem with my hair, that's a whole 'nother conversation. Let's say, Mocha wasn't impressed with his response. I am who I am. Take it or leave it. But anyway....

Have a blessed Sunday and we'll talk soon. Mocha must get back to her book work, and act as if there's nothing but books to do. right? WRONG. I'll be relaxing some of this day as well. I might bake some cookies, or cook some real food today..say what? Yes, I can get down that like.

Chat with you laters.

~ Mocha

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Lady Ladee Locks, Let your hair do its own thing! It is beautiful, artistic, it cannot look the same the entire head, it has to have some uniqueness and flair, love it, just luv it, Lady Locks! ps Langston Hughes would have loved it, don't you know? Would have had you on open mike at 125th street in Harlem, that's right!

mochasistah said...

Yeah, I'm letting it fly and do its own thang. It's a cool concept for me. I went from doing all these styles to one so it's a nice change. I would have loved to be on the mic besides Hughes or Nora Hurston...them Harlem Renaissance poets definitely planted some seeds.