Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Breathing...Easy


I went to my mailbox this afternoon, awaiting a very important check. So imagine my surprise when I noticed the dollar amount was not right. Instead of getting my attitude all bent out of shape, I dug in my work timesheets, to make sure I did send it, then I double, tripled checked the email to make sure I did send my work reports. And I had. But my employer made a slight error. I called in and asked if they could check their records. I guess, because i was nice, or maybe that I'm an organized freak, or maybe coz folks just love me, that, my check was cut, and they apologized. No attitude adjustment required. It's funny how if you take a situation and don't over analyze it, and just let the universe flow around you, that things have a way of taking care of themselves. On top of that check situation, I got an email about my status with American Idol Underground, stating, my track, "Misinterpretations" was ranked very high - 19 out of 89. I'm like what? That's mad crazy. The rest of my day went very well. I had classes with my baby poets this morning, and well, I had a great time. They wrote Praise Poems. From Praise God poems to Praise "Michael Jordan" poems. It was a very nice day, and I can't complain. It was a good day....and I'm breathing easy. Another blessing, is that I just got the title of Publicist, for a new client, Boogie Nite, a Chicago producer on the move. He's got six clients under his roster so I feel very blessed with this new consulting hat I'm putting on. Anyway, I am hoping you too are breathing easy, this day.

2 comments:

Diamond said...

Girl. go ahead with your bad self! Publicist! I am glad for you, you know it's true! Yes, Misinterpretations made the hit list, the good hit list....yes, we should never get bent out of shape over matters, for things do straighten themselves out in time, my dear. You have exemplified this in so many ways....oh and I am glad for Boogie Nights...yes he has a very good publicist, yes he does...Lady Locks...you are working hard and it is paying off...Baby Poets had a great day, writing poems of praise! Praise, praise and then I should say praise! I know Queen Writer is a trip and a half but she is a good trip and a half....writing poetry and trying to get better...maybe i should become a BABY POET!!!!!

mochasistah said...

Yeah, I guess all that time and effort doing FREE work for a certain person has paid off. See, (mocha secret) I was asked a few years ago to spruce up press release and bio work for a fellow poet and that work has made me work really hard, really quick, so I used that as my foundation for working with other artists. Most of the folks I work need quick work, and basically since I try to be as professional as possible it's a good fit. Yes, Boogie is on the cutting edge, very good production and he's got the experience and background to blast off in the industry. Baby Poets at Faraday, they are the best, never too hard to teach 'em and they are always excited. Lady you are a GROWN POETESS~~~~ so keep scribing.