Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mocha's Taste of Chicago

I love to eat and cook sometimes, but when I'm not wanting to actually cook, I can just go down the street and find something great to eat. South Shore is my community nestled near the Lake Shore and in the middle of the South East side of the city.

A few of my favorites are:

1) Soul Vegetarian - Expensive but Good!
2) Cafe Trinidad - Excellent Curry Chicken, Sorrell and Callaloo
3) Harold's Chicken - Cheap and good chicken.
4) Baba's - best icy beverages...fast service~
5) Subway - Great Healthy Alternative
6) Turkey Burger Place (can't remember name); thirty minute wait for the best fresh turkey burger ever
7) L & G's - Cheap family dining: last time I saw Jesse Jackson Jr...

New places for me to adventure

1) 5 Loaves - Has been opened for 2 years, heard its good
2) Soul Xpress ~ Southern Cuisine

My Chitown Favorites not in South Shore:

1) BJ Markets
2) Garrett's popcorn
3) Italian Ice place on Taylor street
4) Dixie Kitchen
5) Redfish
6) Olive Garden
7) Dustie's
8) Ribs and Bibs
9) Leona's
10) Crate Barrell

Of course when I'm not eating out, I can throw down a little sumthing like red beans and rice, veggie lasagna, chicken and noodles, baked salmon with veggies or whatever. When i'm not teaching, I cook a lot more so I am looking forward to my off season so I can enjoy the summer and of course, act like a human being without a whole bunch of time spent teaching, reading poems, and typing reports. I'll be able to relax and enjoy my culinary delights. And in between bites, I will hit the gym, walk for 2 hours, or plug in my Taebo tape...

If you ever come, here, let me know and I'll take to you something for your culinary delight. Happy eating~

Mocha Sistah

No comments: